Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's finished . . .

:-)

I screwed it all together (all that careful measuring seems to have paid off) - very chuffed with the tight neck fit - wired in the DiMarzio Super Distortion pickup and the pot that I ripped out of an old Epiphone a few years ago (I used the one closest to its nominal 500k value - cheap pots seem to vary a lot). I'm not much cop with a soldering iron so I'm glad I went for the simple option of single pickup and volume - nice and easy. Getting the intonation set accurately took a little while but I got there in the end.

I'll get some pictures of the finshed beast done tomorrow in daylight along with a further report on how it sounds and plays : for now though I'm very very surprised and impressed at how good this £100 mongrel is.

No comments: